Starting in March 2020, SPCA have a dedicated Training Officer – Lisa Horritt and we are looking to expand our current offering of courses. If there is a course you would like to see offered, please contact Lisa by email at email@example.com or via the online enquiry form on the website.
Current Courses offered:
- Clerk’s Induction – Ideal for new clerks or as a refresher – a 2 hour session in our offices covering all aspects of a clerk’s first year: £40
- Overview of a Local Council … and how it should work – Ideal for new Councillors or as a refresher for experienced councillors – a 2 hour session on the basics of being a Parish Councillor
- Annual Returns and budgeting – this course discusses the mechanisms and timings required for budgeting and precept calculation including tackling your annual return
- VAT – this course covers information about VAT, reclaiming VAT, business activities and much more
- How to respond to planning applications
- How to generate funding and write more successful bids
- Managing events and projects
- Developing effective communications and media strategies
Unless specified costs for the above courses are as follows:
£25.00 for first delegate
£20.00 for second delegate
£15.00 for all additional delegates.
(all the above costs are per session and not for multiple sessions)
Please contact our training administrator, Richard Ellison, on 01785 895353 (Mondays and Thursdays) for further details of how these courses can be booked.
At present all courses are run in Stafford but this is currently under review. If you have a venue which is suitable for training activities either in the daytime or evening please contact Lisa Horritt, Training Officer with details.
Stafford based training courses are held at the County Council offices at Staffordshire Place One for SATNAV users the post code is ST16 2LR
On Site Training – We can deliver our courses direct to you at a convenient time and place. Courses run for approximately two hours and cost £250.00 per session, for groups of up to twenty persons. Individual councils can combine together at a single venue to make up numbers if so desired. Travel expenses will also be payable. Most courses are based on the National Training Strategy but we will try to tailor modules to suit your needs and objectives
Course dates will be advertised in advance and emailed to contacts (Clerk and Chairman for circulation).
Please ensure you have permission from your council to pay for the courses before booking and any non-attendance which is not advised 3 days before the course will be chargeable except in exceptional circumstances.